XI Euro-Mediterranean Inter-Cultural Dialogue
„The Phoenicians’ Route: Between Tourism and Inter-cultural Dialogue”
For the first time in Zagreb, Croatia, the Phoenicians’ Route – Cultural Route of the Council of Europe, Libertas International University and the Archaeological Museum in Zagreb will organize, with the support of the Zagreb Tourist Board and Zagreb County Tourist Board and the auspices of the Croatian Ministry of Tourism, the General Assembly 2018 of the Phoenicians’ Route and the XI Congress of Euro-Mediterranean Inter-Cultural Dialogue on the Phoenicians’ Route, on October 09th and 10th 2018.
Since the year 2017 Croatia is a member of the Phoenicians’ Route – Cultural Route of the Council of Europe , through the membership of IU Libertas, and has its representatives in the Steering and Scientific Committee. The Phoenicians’ Cultural Route covers three continents, brings together 18 Mediterranean countries and 80 cities, and is the initiator of the Mediterranean route of ancient civilizations, as well as a new pilot project of the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO). With the participation of delegations representing member states of this international cultural network, the event will also bring together the members of the Phoenicians’ Route Steering and Scientific Committee to discuss the issues of developing a quality, sustainable and responsible archaeological tourism, stressing the interpretation, presentation and creative approach of packaging tourist products of the Mediterranean ancient civilizations/ destinations for new users.
You are kindly invited to join the conference which will bring an insight into the current crucial issues of cultural tourism on cultural routes of the Mediterranean, stressing important points of thematic partnerships, multidestiantional management, product development, audiences development and SME involvement.
International Conference proposes an effective and well established presentation opportunity for destinations, destination professionals, researchers and practitioners, as well as PhD students. We invite authors of especially cross-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary studies and experiences in culture, tourism and hospitality to submit their paper.
Founding of MultiCulTour – Associaton of the Mediterranean Routes of Antique Civilizations and Phoenicians’ Route in Croatia
Keynote speech: Stefano DOMINIONI, Executive Secretary of the Enlarged Partial Agreement on Cultural Routes, Council of Europe, (TBC).
Introductory speeches will be given by international members of the Scientific and Steering Committees of the Phoenicians Route, Antonio Barone, Alessia Mariotti, Enzo Finocchiaro, as well as from the representatives of other Mediterranean cultural routes, ministries, DMOs and tourism boards.
Issues to be covered at the conference include, but are not limited to, the following areas in the cultural travel, archaeology and tourism context:
- Euro-Mediterranean Inter-Cultural Dialogue on the cultural routes
- Mediterranean cultural heritage and the Intercultural Dialogue
- Multidestinations and scope of their partnering attractiveness
- Cultural Tourism product development on Mediterranean Cultural Routes
- Cultural tourism product management and coordination
- Destination managing tangible and intangible heritage on cultural routes
- Targeted audiences and practical experiences
- Legal framework and development policies for cultural routes coordination and management in Mediterranean
- Phoenician’s cultural heritage and Intercultural Dialogue (in Croatia)
- Inclusive tourist experiences
- Tourism and cultural creative industries along the Phoenicians’ Route (in Croatia)
- Mediterranean civilizations and European identity
- Tourism Practices and policies enhancing mutual understanding
- Ancient civilizations in the Mediterranean and tourism itineraries
- Planning best practices along the Phoenicians’ Route or the Hannibal Pathway
- Young European exchange practices (tourism as a tool for Europeanisation)
- We will also be happy to accept presentations addressing other aspects of Mediterranean cultural heritage, tourism and intercultural dialogue.
- Submission Deadline: September 19th, 2018
- Submission to prof. Ksenija Keča, email@example.com
- Abstracts should be formatted up to 1000 words of proposed topics
- Based on the fact that high quality papers will be referred to publication
- Official Conferencedates: October 9th – 10th, 2018
- Opening event at Archaeological Museum of Zagreb, Croatia, October 8th 2018
- General Assembly at IU Libertas, October 9th 2018
- XI Euro-Mediterranean Dialogue Conference at IU Libertas, October 9th 2018
- Libertas International University, Zagreb, Croatia
- Trg J.F. Kennedy 6b, Zagreb, Croatia
- 90 €, members of UNPAH, HMD, IH and MultiCulTour are entitled to 50% discount
- Contact person: prof. Ksenija Keča firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Event and Study trip
- Andautonia, Ščitarjevo near Zagreb, October 10th 2018
- Archeology in Croatia
The complete agenda and menu will follow soon.