Libertas International University in Dubrovnik offers a unique educational environment for students of the undergraduate study programme of International Relations (Diplomacy) and graduate study programme of International Relations and Diplomacy. Although the curriculum is the same in Zagreb and in Dubrovnik, studying in Dubrovnik provides a special experience to students, because of the city’s central, historic and several-century-long role in diplomacy and trade. Located in the beautiful, historical Dominican monastery, the teaching and learning facilities in Dubrovnik offer international atmosphere to its students and faculty who come from different countries around the world. Students from around 30 different countries have been enrolled in one of our programmes. In addition, they get to live and experience everything that a beautiful city of Dubrovnik and the Mediterranean coast have to offer.
Undergraduate university study programme
International Relations (Diplomacy)
3 YEARS (6 SEMESTERS), 180 ECTS
Undergraduate degree in International Relations (Diplomacy) is the only undergraduate university programme of this kind in the Republic of Croatia. There is a great need for adequately educated workforce in this field in Croatia and it is really important to emphasize that, due to the demand for educated young experts in international relations, all students of the first generation enrolled in our university (class 2012) have prestigious job positions in diplomatic and consular missions of the Republic of Croatia around the world and at institutions of the European Union. Upon graduating from this programme, students can continue their higher education and enrol in our graduate programme of International Relations and Diplomacy in two different locations (Dubrovnik – classes taught in English, Zagreb – classes taught in Croatian).
ACADEMIC TITLE ACQUIRED AFTER COMPLETION OF THE PROGRAM:
BACHELOR OF INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS (UNIV. BACC. REL. INT.)
Graduate university study programme
International Relations and Diplomacy
2 YEARS (4 SEMESTERS), 120 ECTS
Owing to their partnership and cooperation with the world’s leading universities, Libertas and the University of Zadar are the first institutions in Croatia that offer a graduate study programme in International Relations and Diplomacy, thus providing students from Croatia and abroad with education in several academic disciplines of international relations and diplomacy. The graduate study programme has been designed in accordance with the programmes of other international universities. Students can enrol in the graduate study programme in Dubrovnik (in English), or in Zagreb (in Croatian).
Our strenght are our distinguished professors
Our biggest strength throughout the years since our establishment has been our faculty. Libertas students have the privilege to learn from eminent professors and experts. Until now we have succeeded in offering our students in Dubrovnik the expertise of teachers from Harvard University, London Academy of Diplomacy, Tokyo University and McGill University and many other distinguished universities.
Here are some of the professors that teach at Libertas:
- prof. Janice McCormick, Harvard University
- prof. Petar Turčinović, former Croatian ambassador who in addition taught all over the world
- prof. Gary O’Callaghan, Senior Advisor to the EU Representative in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- prof. Barry Tomalin, professor at University of Stirling
- prof. Joseph Mifsud, honorary Director of the London Academy of Diplomacy (University of Stirling) and the former President of EMUNI
- Lord Jack McConnell, Scottish politician and a Labour life peer in the House of Lords
- prof. Cynthia Schneider, Georgetown University former US ambassador to Holland
- Sune Danielsson, first Swedish ambasador to Croatia
We will help you find accommodation in walking distance from the University
- Price range for shared apartment is from 300 – 600 EUR per month + utilities
- Utilities costs depend on season and individual habits
- All apartments are equipped with kitchen supplies, linen, AC and heating system, Internet connection is avaiable
EU citizens: are using the European Health Insurance Card.
Citizens of all other countries: are obliged to obtain Croatian health insurance upon arrival in Croatia. Aproximate monthly contribution to health insurance is 450kn.
You can get more detailed information at the Croatian Health Insurance Institute or send an inquiry to the following email: email@example.com
All information can be found on the site of Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs: http://www.mvep.hr/en/consular-information/visas/visa-requirements-overview/
- In case that Embassy requires some documents from the University, please contact University representative: firstname.lastname@example.org
Procedure for temporary stay permit
International students need to go through temporary residence permit procedure
- It will start right upon arrival to Dubrovnik
- Please note: TRP get issued for a max period of one Year. Each year you will need to renew
All information you can find on the pages:
For all details please contact University representative: email@example.com
- Fall Semester
–September 11, 2017 – December 22, 2017
–October 8, 2017 – Independence Day
November 1, 2017 – All Saints ( including no classes on November 2, 2017)
- Midterms (as a general rule) – Mid November 2017
- Finals – December 18, 2017 – December 22, 2017
- Spring Semester
–February 5, 2018 – June 1st, 2018
–April 2, 2018 – April 8, 2018 – Spring Break
May 1, 2018 – Labor Day
–May 31 st –Corpus Christy 2018
- Finals – May 28, 2018 – June 1st 2018