The postgraduate doctoral study program in International Relations is a result of the continuing cooperation between the University of Zadar and Libertas International University. By following and researching the educational and market needs in the country and region the two universities established that the field of international relations opens up an untapped space for education, science and research. An interdisciplinary approach to international relations in an ever changing social, economic and political global environment is a definite scientific contribution to our current needs.
The focus on international relations has been deemed as necessary by both institutions because of the need to promote discussions on human rights, economic and ecological issues, political and hustorical issues, the status of small and large countries in globalization processes, education issues, discussions of terrorism, wars and violence, just as other challenges to humanity and human dignity. Because of these factors, the doctoral study program in International Relations provides an interdisciplinary approach that applies scientific results to various theoretical and practical issues, thus making a national and international contribution.
In accordance with contemporary educational, teaching and study standards, doctoral students will take on the role of researchers during their studies, and develop a critical theoretical stance, engage in scientific arguemtnation, understanding and effective application of research methods, and the principles of research ethics.
University of Zadar
Libertas International University
Classes and Exams at:
Zagreb, Trg J. F. Kennedyja 6b
The doctoral study program lasts three years or six semesters, depending on the individual students rhythm of progress (during the three years, the University organizes lectures, student and professor activities, and candidate adviser activities).
The requirements and criteria for enrollment into the joint postgraduate university doctoral study program in International Relations are:
- a graduate diploma (Master of Arts or equivalent) in the field of the natural or social sciences, humanities, technical or other sciences with a grade average of at least 3.5 (on a scale from 1-5); candidates with a lesser grade average need to submit two recommendations from university professors;
- a Master of Science in the field of the natural or social sciences, humanities, technical or other sciences with a grade average of at least 3.5 (on a scale from 1-5); candidates with a lesser grade average need to submit two recommendations from university professors.;
- a CV with a description of the candidate’s professional and scientific activities, i. e. a professional and scientific portfolio (along with the appropriate certificates and photocopies to as proof);
- motivacijsko pismo s opisom znanstvenog interesa i mogućeg predmeta istraživanja (do 3600 znakova).
- a motivational letter with a description of the candidates scientific interests and possible doctoral research topic (max. 3600 characters).
The call for applications will be announced by both institutions on their web sites and/or in the press, according to agreed upon requirements and criteria for such calls.
PhD in Social Science, interdisciplinary field
Details about the study program can be retrieved here.
For all further questions about postgraduate doctoral programs, please contact us at +385 20 414 111.